Just like people, your home’s wiring has its own personality and quirks. Periodically put a hand on your electrical outlets. If they feel warm, pay attention and take action.

Maintenance Before Problems Develop

Warm outlets may mean circuits are overloaded, wiring is loose or damaged, or perhaps wires are melting. Notice any outlets that are not securely holding plugs. By paying attention to your home’s outlets, you can prevent potential problems before they develop.

Sensible Precautions

Keep a chemical fire extinguisher conveniently located in your home. That is the safest way to quickly put out electrical fires. Electricians are specially trained, so if you have any questions about your home’s wiring, they can help you with maintenance.